Our infrastructure and security team includes people who’ve played lead roles in designing, building, and operating highly secure Internet facing systems at companies ranging from startups to large public companies.
Incident Response Plan
- We have implemented a formal procedure for security events and have educated all our staff on our policies.
- When security events are detected they are escalated to our emergency alias, teams are paged, notified and assembled to rapidly address the event.
- After a security event is fixed we write up a post-mortem analysis.
- The analysis is reviewed in person, distributed across the company and includes action items that will make the detection and prevention of a similar event easier in the future.
- Talenthub.io will promptly notify you in writing upon verification of a security breach of the Talenthub.io services that affects your data. Notification will describe the breach and the status of Talenthub.io's investigation.
Build Process Automation
- We have functioning, frequently used automation in place so that we can safely and reliably rollout changes to both our application and operating platform within minutes.
- We typically deploy code dozens of times a day, so we have high confidence that we can get a security fix out quickly when required.
- All of our services run in the cloud. Talenthub.io does not run our own routers, load balancers, DNS servers, or physical servers.
- All of our services and data are hosted in AWS facilities in the EU and protected by AWS security, as described at http://aws.amazon.com/security/sharing-the-security-responsibility. Talenthub.io services have been built with disaster recovery in mind.
- All of our infrastructure is spread across 3 AWS data centers (availability zones) and will continue to work should any one of those data centers fail unexpectedly. Amazon does not disclose the location of its data centers. As such, Intercom builds on the physical security and environmental controls provided by AWS. See http://aws.amazon.com/security for details of AWS security infrastructure.
- All of our servers are within our own virtual private cloud (VPC) with network access control lists (ACL’s) that prevent unauthorized requests getting to our internal network.
- Talenthub.io uses a backup solution for datastores that contain customer data.
- All customer data is stored in the EU.
- Customer data is stored in multi-tenant datastores; we do not have individual datastores for each customer. However strict privacy controls exist in our application code that are designed to ensure data privacy and to prevent one customer from accessing another customer’s data (i.e., logical separation). We have many unit and integration tests in place to ensure these privacy controls work as expected. These tests are run every time our codebase is updated and even one single test failing will prevent new code being shipped to production.
- Each Talenthub.io system used to process customer data is adequately configured and pathed using commercially-reasonable methods according to industry-recognized system-hardening standards.
- YoungCRM engages certain subprocessors to process customer data. These subprocessors are listed at Third Parties Policy, as may be updated by Talenthub.io from time to time.
- All data sent to or from Talenthub.io is encrypted in transit using 256-bit encryption.
- Our API and application endpoints are TLS/SSL only and score an "A+" rating on SSL Labs' tests. This means we only use strong cipher suites and have features such as HSTS and Perfect Forward Secrecy fully enabled.
- Talenthub.io is served 100% over https. Talenthub.io runs a zero-trust corporate network.
- There are no corporate resources or additional privileges from being on Talenthub.io's network.
- We have two-factor authentication (2FA) and strong password policies on GitHub, Google, AWS MongoDB and Talenthub.io to ensure access to cloud services are protected.
Permissions and Admin Controls
- Talenthub.io enables permission levels to be set for any employees with access to Talenthub.io.
- Permissions and access can be set to include app settings, billing, user data, or the ability to send/edit manual messages and auto messages.
- On an application level, we produce audit logs for all activity, ship logs to our service providers for analysis, and use S3/Glacier for archival purposes.
- All access to Talenthub.io applications is logged and audited.
- Bastion hosts are used to login to devices.
- All actions taken on production consoles or in the Talenthub.io application are logged.
Security Audits and Certifications
- We bi-annually engage with well-regarded third-party auditors to audit our code-base, and work with them to resolve potential issues.
- We use technologies to provide an audit trail over our infrastructure and the Talenthub.io application. Auditing allows us to do ad-hoc security analysis, track changes made to our setup and audit access to every layer of our stack.
All payment instrument processing for purchase of the Talenthub.io services is performed by Stripe. For more information on Stripe’s security practices, please see https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe.
- Managing your own user accounts and roles from within the Talenthub.io services.
- Protecting your own account and user credentials by using two-factor authentication for all of your employees accessing the Talenthub.io services.
- Compliance with the terms of your services agreement with Talenthub.io, including with respect to compliance with laws.
- Promptly notifying Talenthub.io if a user credential has been compromised or if you suspect possible suspicious activities that could negatively impact security of the Talenthub.io services or your account.
- You may not perform any security penetration tests or security assessment activities without the express advance written consent of Talenthub.io.